Photo Credit: How Sweet It Is
There are plenty of cider recipes out there and this one is definitely up there in the top ten. A unique combination of pear cider and yaupon tea creates a tingly and invigorating blend that stands out from your typical cider. Prepare it without the alcohol to make it family friendly or add in the alcohol if you’re having your closest friends over. In any case, enjoy the day and celebrate the season with this exceptional pear cider!
YAUPON PEAR CIDER
Makes 4-6 glasses // Prep Time: 30 minutes // Active Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 rounded tsp loose leaf or 2 sachets/bags green yaupon or medium roast yaupon. We recommend using American Green Yaupon by Yaupon Brothers
- 2 cups sparkling pear cider
- 3 cups pear juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup brandy (optional)
- 3 tbsp orange liqueur, like Triple Sec or Cointreau (also optional)
- Pear slices/rounds and cinnamon sticks for garnish
How to make Yaupon Pear Cider
Heat water to 212°F and steep tea for 3-5 minutes then remove (strain) tea.
In a large saucepan bring the pear cider and juice, vanilla extract, and cloves to a boil over medium-high heat. When it starts to boil, reduce heat to low and let simmer (uncovered) for 5 minutes. Then remove from heat, and stir in brandy, orange liqueur, and yaupon tea.
Strain into a large pitcher and serve in individual mugs. Top with an extra splash of pear cider, garnish with a pear round and cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Delish