Photo Credit: DAVIDsTEA
Why do we love turmeric so much? Because it's spicy, earthy and has been hailed as an Ayurvedic skin-saver. This wholesome soup featuring DAVIDsTEA Turmeric Glow is a delicious way to get your glow back!
Turmeric Glow Soup
Prep Time: 1 hour // Active Time: 15 minutes
- 2 Perfect Spoonfuls of DAVIDsTEA Turmeric Glow tea
- 3 ½ cups water
- ½ spaghetti squash, seeds removed
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- oil (olive, canola, coconut… any will work)
- ¼ cup lentils
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- ½ stalk lemongrass, coarsely chopped & lightly bruised
- ½ inch of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp soy sauce (optional)
- 1 small bird eye chili, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 3 tbsp coriander, chopped
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Rub spaghetti squash with oil and toss carrots in oil. Place squash face down on a baking sheet, arrange carrots around it and sprinkle with some salt. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until spaghetti squash is tender. Remove from oven and let rest.
In the meantime, bring 1½ cups water to a boil in a small saucepan and add lentils. Turn heat to low and simmer for 15-18 minutes, then strain and reserve.
In a separate pot, bring 3 cups of stock to a boil and add lemongrass, ginger, garlic, turmeric, sugar, chili and season with salt and pepper. Turn to low and cover. Let simmer for 25-30 minutes, then strain out aromatics and return stock to the stove.
Brew tea in 2 cups hot water for 5 minutes and strain into stock. Add lemon juice, fish sauce, soy sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Using a fork, shred the spaghetti squash and discard skin. In 3-4 medium bowls, divide squash, carrots, lentils and spinach evenly.
Pour in stock and sprinkle with coriander. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe from Steep Thoughts: The DAVIDsTEA Blog