Photo Credit: DAVIDsTEA
Why do we love turmeric so much? Because it's spicy, earthy and has been hailed as an Ayurvedic skin-saver. This wholesome soup featuring DAVIDsTEA Turmeric Glow is a delicious way to get your glow back!
Turmeric Glow Soup
Prep Time: 1 hour // Active Time: 15 minutes
- 2 Perfect Spoonfuls of DAVIDsTEA Turmeric Glow tea
- 3 ½ cups water
- ½ spaghetti squash, seeds removed
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- oil (olive, canola, coconut… any will work)
- ¼ cup lentils
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- ½ stalk lemongrass, coarsely chopped & lightly bruised
- ½ inch of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp soy sauce (optional)
- 1 small bird eye chili, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 3 tbsp coriander, chopped
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Rub spaghetti squash with oil and toss carrots in oil. Place squash face down on a baking sheet, arrange carrots around it and sprinkle with some salt. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until spaghetti squash is tender. Remove from oven and let rest.
In the meantime, bring 1½ cups water to a boil in a small saucepan and add lentils. Turn heat to low and simmer for 15-18 minutes, then strain and reserve.
In a separate pot, bring 3 cups of stock to a boil and add lemongrass, ginger, garlic, turmeric, sugar, chili and season with salt and pepper. Turn to low and cover. Let simmer for 25-30 minutes, then strain out aromatics and return stock to the stove.
Brew tea in 2 cups hot water for 5 minutes and strain into stock. Add lemon juice, fish sauce, soy sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Using a fork, shred the spaghetti squash and discard skin. In 3-4 medium bowls, divide squash, carrots, lentils and spinach evenly.
Pour in stock and sprinkle with coriander. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For more, check out our Jasmine Tomato Soup recipe!
Recipe from Steep Thoughts: The DAVIDsTEA Blog