Photo Credit: Eat Well 101
Turmeric and ginger make a supernatural superhero immunity boosting team. Any combination of turmeric, ginger, lemons, and honey is sure to help you feel better if you were feeling bad or help you feel amazing if you were feeling fine to begin with. Recipes like this one are great to have in your repertoire of cold and flu remedies around this time of year.
Soothing Turmeric Ginger Tea
Makes 1 glass // Prep Time: 5 minutes // Active Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 inch piece turmeric, peeled and roughly chopped (or 2 tsp ground turmeric)
- 1 inch piece of ginger root, peeled and rougly chopped (or 1 tsp ground ginger)
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Honey or maple syrup to taste
- A pinch of ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- A pinch of ground black pepper (optional)
- A pinch of ground cinnamon (optional)
In a small saucepan, combine the water, turmeric, ginger, lemon juice, sweetener, and ground peppers and cinnamon (if you'd like). Bring to a boil and then let simmer for at least 10 minutes (or longer depending on how strong you'd like your tea!).
Then strain into a mug and enjoy!