Photo Credit: The Honour System
Filled to the brim with vitamin C, this detox drink will put a pep in your step in the morning, even without any caffeine! Blended with oranges, carrots, and lemons, you’re getting a whole bunch of beneficial vitamins when you enjoy this tasty cleanse. The parsley and ginger add even more benefits to this already powerful detox. And if you want to be that much more healthy, try blending this drink with celery as well to get an extra antioxidant and anti-inflammatory (healthy digestion) boost!
MORNING ENERGY DETOX
Makes 2-4 glasses // Prep Time: 5 minutes // Active Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 rounded tsp loose leaf or 1 sachet/bag of your favorite tea (black, green, yaupon, yerba mate, herbal, etc)
- 1/2 - 1 cup orange juice, or 2 oranges (peeled and sliced)
- 1/2 - 1 cup carrot juice, or 2 carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped (optional)
- Ice cubes
Using 1 cup of water, brew your tea following the package instructions or reference our handy guide, Tealover Lesson 105, on how to brew any kind of tea!
Let the tea cool down to room temperature and then combine all ingredients in a blender and blend it up! Naturally, your detox drink will be more like a detox smoothie if you use whole oranges and carrots but either way, this blend has major benefits! Also, feel free to experiment with the proportions to discover how you like your morning detox best. Enjoy!