Photo Credit: The Honour System
Confused about what to drink in the morning? We got you with this morning energy drink recipe. Filled to the brim with vitamin C, this detox drink will put a pep in your step in the morning, even without any caffeine! Really, it's a morning detox trick. Blended with oranges, carrots, and lemons, you’re getting a whole bunch of beneficial vitamins when you enjoy this tasty cleanse. The parsley and ginger add even more benefits to this already powerful detox. And if you want to be that much more healthy, try blending this drink with celery as well to get an extra antioxidant and anti-inflammatory (healthy digestion) boost!
MORNING ENERGY DETOX
Makes 2-4 glasses // Prep Time: 5 minutes // Active Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 rounded tsp loose leaf or 1 sachet/bag of your favorite tea - try a Teeccino tea like Mango Lemon Balm for extra health benefits
- 1/2 - 1 cup orange juice, or 2 oranges (peeled and sliced)
- 1/2 - 1 cup carrot juice, or 2 carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped (optional)
- Ice cubes
How to make the Morning Detox Drink
Using 1 cup of water, brew your tea following the package instructions or reference our handy guide on how to brew any kind of tea!
Let the tea cool down to room temperature and then combine all ingredients in a blender and blend it up! Naturally, your detox drink will be more like a detox smoothie if you use whole oranges and carrots but either way, this blend has major benefits! Enjoy the best morning drink for detox, presented to you by Sips By!
Healthy Tea Tip: If you want to switch it up, try out this Cilantro Citrus Detox next or for another morning pick-me-up, try this Blackberry Orange Sunrise recipe! When it's time for lunch, we recommend making this delicious tea-infused beet salad