Photo Credit: Snixy Kitchen
This creamy milkshake is inspired by the Shamrock Shake that McDonald’s boasts seasonally around this time of year, however, this version is much better for two reasons. One, it’s more wholesome from only having a few solid ingredients and no food coloring and two, you can make it at home! And despite this shake’s green appearance, we didn’t say anything about it being healthy. Today is a day for festivities and celebrations so forget about counting calories and treat yo’self!
MATCHA SHAMROCK SHAKE
Makes 2 glasses // Prep Time: 5 minutes // Active Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional)
- 2-4 tbsp matcha powder
- 4 oz peppermint schnapps or Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1/2 - 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 - 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and mini chocolate chips for toppings
Toss all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and frothy. Serve and top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and mini chocolate chips and enjoy!