Photo Credit: Apron and Sneakers
We all know white sangria is perfect for the summer. Enjoy this rendition with some Green Yaupon to shake it up a bit! We're taking ours poolside :)
Green Yaupon Sangria
Makes 5-6 glasses // Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes // Active Time: 5 minutes
- 3 CatSpring Yaupon’s Green Yaupon sachets
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 750ml bottle of chilled white wine (a Torrontés, Chenin Blanc, Riesling, or Pinot Grigio would do well)
- 1 apple (cored and sliced - honeycrisp, gala, or even granny smith would be nice)
- 1 orange (washed and sliced into rounds, keeping the rind on)
- ½ lemon (washed and sliced into rounds)
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp honey
- Ice for serving
- Basil sprigs for garnish
- Club soda (optional)
Heat the water to 175°F, pour over the tea and steep for 3-4 minutes. Then remove the tea and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
In a large pitcher, combine the tea, wine, apples, orange, lemon, and honey. Gently stir and chill in the refrigerator for an hour to let all the flavors combine. Serve over ice, garnish with basil, and enjoy :) (optional - top with club soda to give it a little extra fizz).
For another fun sangria recipe, try our Blackberry Peach Sangria!