Photo Credit: Kiip Fit
Spruce up your favorite green tea with the sweet savor of ripe pears and the tingling taste of ginger. It’s a lovely way to top off a feast as a dessert drink. Although it isn’t hot, the ginger will warm you just the same.
Ginger Pear Green Tea
Makes 4 glasses // Prep Time: 5 minutes // Active Time: 5 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups filtered water
- 3 rounded tsp loose leaf or 3 sachets/bags green tea
- 2 ripe pears, peeled and cored
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Ice for serving
Heat the water to 175°F and steep green tea for 2-3 minutes. Remove (strain) tea and set aside for now.
Combine all ingredients, including the steeped tea, in a blender and blend it up! Serve over ice, garnish with pear slices or candied ginger and enjoy!