Photo Credit: Feasting at Home
This extremely light and refreshing citrus detox drink is a perfect way to start your day. The green tea and cilantro rid the body of harmful toxins that build up over time and can wreak havoc to the system. Cilantro is a superfood with great healing properties that promotes healthy skin. Additionally, the lemon, lime, and cucumber in this blend help balance the body’s pH and help keep you well hydrated. On top of that, the ginger and jalapeño pepper boost your metabolism to promote weight loss. Beginning your day with this beneficial juice will keep you feeling cleansed and energized for the rest of the day! Trust that this cilantro detox drink is the healthiest pick me up you will find. Learn more about how to feel rejuvenated with a body detox at home!
Sips by is a personalized tea discovery subscription. Each month, we match tea drinkers across the U.S. with delicious teas from over 150 global tea brands that we’re sure they’ll love. Members receive 4 teas chosen just for them in every box. Learn more about our tea subscription service.
CILANTRO CITRUS DETOX
Makes 1-2 glasses // Prep Time: 15 minutes // Active Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 rounded tsp loose leaf or 2 sachets/bags green tea. We recommend using plain green tea's like Aesthete Tea's Green + Mint
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro (or mint)
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 small fresh jalapeño, chopped with the seeds removed (optional)
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped (optional)
- Ice cubes (or green tea ice cubes)
How to make Cilantro Citrus Detox
Brew your green tea by heating the water to 175°F and steeping for 2-3 minutes. Then remove (strain) tea and set aside to cool to room temperature (about 15 minutes).
In a blender, combine the green tea, ice cubes (make green tea ice cubes by brewing green tea and freezing in an ice cube tray!), cilantro (or mint), cucumbers, lemon and lime juice, and if you wish, the jalapeño and/or ginger. Blend well and then either drink it straight or strain to remove the chunky bits. Enjoy the best lemon juice detox with the cilantro superfood and feel the cleanse.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
DETOX TEA COLLECTION
Looking for a reset? The Cleanse and Detox Tea Collection from Sips by contains teas with ingredients to help give you a fresh start.
About Sips by: We’re a female-founded and led startup that makes discovering tea fun, personalized, and affordable. The Sips by Box is the only multi-brand, personalized tea subscription box. Each month, we match tea drinkers across the U.S. with delicious teas from over 150 global tea brands that we’re sure they’ll love. Based out of Austin, Texas, we are adept at savoring a hot mug even when it’s seasonally inappropriate.