Photo Credit: Feasting at Home
This extremely light and refreshing citrus detox drink is a perfect way to start your day. The green tea and cilantro rid the body of harmful toxins that build up over time and can wreak havoc to the system. Additionally, the lemon, lime, and cucumber in this blend help balance the body’s pH and help keep you well hydrated. On top of that, the ginger and jalapeño pepper boost your metabolism to promote weight loss. Beginning your day with this beneficial juice will keep you feeling cleansed and energized for the rest of the day!
CILANTRO CITRUS DETOX
Makes 1-2 glasses // Prep Time: 15 minutes // Active Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 rounded tsp loose leaf or 2 sachets/bags green tea
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro (or mint)
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 small fresh jalapeño, chopped with the seeds removed (optional)
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped (optional)
- Ice cubes (or green tea ice cubes)
Brew your green tea by heating the water to 175°F and steeping for 2-3 minutes. Then remove (strain) tea and set aside to cool to room temperature (about 15 minutes).
In a blender, combine the green tea, ice cubes (make green tea ice cubes by brewing green tea and freezing in an ice cube tray!), cilantro (or mint), cucumbers, lemon and lime juice, and if you wish, the jalapeño and/or ginger. Blend well and then either drink it straight or strain to remove the chunky bits. Enjoy and feel the cleanse.