Photo Credit: Inspired Taste
Snuggle up in your favorite sweater in front of the fire with this relaxing hot toddy tea, perfect for winding down and letting go of the day, week, or whatever is on your mind. Hot toddies are one of the most calming cold-weather drinks, and adding in some chamomile brings another layer of relief to this already relaxing beverage. Read along to find one of the easiest hot toddy tea recipe's.
Sips by is a personalized tea discovery subscription. Each month, we match tea drinkers across the U.S. with delicious teas from over 150 global tea brands that we’re sure they’ll love. Members receive 4 teas chosen just for them in every box. Learn more here.
Reasons why you should drink this Chamomile Hot Toddy Tea
- Hot Toddy has lemon in it which is a good source for vitamins and helps with bloating and inflammation
- A cup of hot water is very hydrating and opens up nasal pathways
- The honey soothes your throat and helps fight cold and cough
- Chamomile helps with sleep and relaxation and also treats very mild skin conditions
Chamomile Hot Toddy
Makes 1 glass // Prep Time: 5 minutes // Active Time: 5 minutes
- 1 rounded tsp or 1 sachet/bag chamomile tea. We recommend using Organic India's Tulsi Honey Chamomile.
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 oz bourbon, whiskey, brandy or dark rum
- A lemon wheel for garnish
How to make Chamomile Hot Toddy Tea
Heat the water to 212°F and steep the chamomile tea for 3-5 minutes. Remove tea and and add in the honey, lemon juice, and alcohol of choice. Give it a good stir and garnish with a lemon wheel for looks. Time to relax and unwind with this spiked hot tea.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
SHOP BEST CAFFEINE-FREE TEA
Discover the best caffeine free teas as rated by Sips by's 700,000 tea-loving Members. From loose leaf herbal tea to bagged herbal tea, these are the best herbal teas from different tea brands around the world. Find your favorite herbal tea, from fruity herbal tea to spicy herbal tea, from chamomile tea to sleep tea to teas for anxiety relief. These teas are naturally caffeine-free with many health benefits. No matter the type or flavor of herbal caffeine-free tea you're searching for, Sips by has options you'll love. Discover your new favorite caffeine-free tea.
Interested in trying these teas and others? Subscribers receive 4 teas chosen just for them in every box. Learn more here.
About Sips by: We’re a female-founded and led startup that makes discovering tea fun, personalized, and affordable. The Sips by Box is the only multi-brand, personalized tea subscription box. Each month, we match tea drinkers across the U.S. with delicious teas from over 150 global tea brands that we’re sure they’ll love. Based out of Austin, Texas, we are adept at savoring a hot mug even when it’s seasonally inappropriate.