Photo Credit: I'm Bored Let's Go...
This soothing blend of chamomile and citrus serves as a lovely infusion of relaxing and refreshing aromas, sure to lift your spirits this summer. We enjoy it as a night cap before a peaceful slumber.
Chamomile Citrus Spirits
Makes 2 glasses // Prep Time: 5 minutes // Active Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tsp Pinky Up Chamomile Citrus
- 2 cups filtered water
- ¼ cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tsp honey or 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 orange - sliced into wedges or rounds
- 4 oz gin
- Mint sprigs and 1 orange sliced into wedges for garnish
- Ice for serving
Optional - turn it into a Negroni by adding in other spirits:
- 2 oz Campari
- 2 oz sweet vermouth (such as Martini Bianco or Lillet Blanc)
Heat water to 212°F and add in tea leaves. Steep for 5 minutes then remove leaves and set aside to cool.
In a cocktail shaker combine mint, honey/sugar, and a couple orange slices and muddle (mash) with a muddler or a wooden spoon. Then, add in the tea and gently stir. Strain the mixer through a mesh strainer into a larger glass or pitcher.
Next, add in the gin (and if you’re making Negronis - the Campari and sweet vermouth) and stir well. Serve over ice, garnish with mint sprigs and orange slices, and enjoy :)