Photo Credit: Green Kitchen Stories
If you feel a cold coming on or just want a fortifying drink to boost your immunity, this is the drink you’re looking for. Each ingredient of this detox tea has its own immunity boosting and detoxifying properties. The combination of green tea, apple cider vinegar, lemon, ginger, plus a couple of spices makes for an impressive cleansing and strengthening blend. You wouldn’t need to drink this one everyday and as with all good things, everything in moderation. It’s all about finding that balance and being mindful of holistic wellness.
BOOST YOUR IMMUNI-TEA
Makes 1-2 glasses // Prep Time: 5 minutes // Active Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 rounded tsp loose leaf or 1 sachet/bag green tea
- 1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, with the 'mother'
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey (or sub in agave nectar or maple syrup)
- A pinch of ground canyenne pepper
- A pinch of ground cinnamon (optional)
- 4-6 slices of fresh ginger or 1 tsp ground ginger
Brew the green tea by heating the water to 175°F and steep tea for 2-3 minutes. Then remove (strain) tea and add in the apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, sweetener, cayenne, cinnamon, and ginger. Stir well and drink while it's hot, enjoy!