Photo Credit: Homemade Nutrition
This morning smoothie will give you just the boost you need to start your day - a little bit of caffeine from the black tea, a solid dose of vitamin C from the orange, and tons of antioxidants (and even more vitamin C) from the blackberries.
Blackberry Orange Sunrise Smoothie
Makes 1 glass // Prep Time: 5 minutes // Active Time: 5 minutes
- 1 rounded tsp or 1 sachet/bag black tea
- 1 cup filtered water
- 3/4 cup (6 oz) blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup orange, sliced into chunks
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (optional)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Ice cubes
Heat the water to 212°F and steep tea for 3-5 minutes, then remove the tea and set aside to cool.
In a blender, combine 1/2 cup of the brewed black tea and the rest of the ingridents. Blend it up and seize the day!