Photo Credit: Homemade Nutrition
This morning smoothie will give you just the boost you need to start your day - a little bit of caffeine from the black tea, a solid dose of vitamin C from the orange, and tons of antioxidants (and even more vitamin C) from the blackberries.
Blackberry Orange Sunrise Smoothie
Makes 1 glass // Prep Time: 5 minutes // Active Time: 5 minutes
- 1 rounded tsp or 1 sachet/bag black tea
- 1 cup filtered water
- 3/4 cup (6 oz) blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup orange, sliced into chunks
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (optional)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Ice cubes
Heat the water to 212°F and steep tea for 3-5 minutes, then remove the tea and set aside to cool.
In a blender, combine 1/2 cup of the brewed black tea and the rest of the ingridents. Blend it up and seize the day!
If you loved this recipe, we recommend trying our Oolong Berry Blast recipe next!