A different spin on the classic Cherry Jerry, we’re skipping on the Cherry Coke and substituting for black tea. The dark cherries are an incredible compliment to black tea, creating a robust, bold, and brooding cocktail perfect for a night in or on your way to a night out.
Black Tea Cherry Jerry
Makes 1 glass // Prep Time: 5 minutes // Active Time: 5 minutes
- 1 rounded tsp or 1 sachet/bag of black tea
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup black cherries, halved and pitted
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 oz Sailor Jerry Rum (or any spiced rum)
- Ice cubes
- Cherries, lemon wedges, and/or mint sprigs for garnish
Heat the water to 212°F and steep tea for 3-5 minutes. Remove tea and set aside to cool.
In a cocktail shaker combine the cherries, honey, and lemon juice and muddle together with a wooden spoon. Strain into a cocktail glass, pressing on the cherries to get maximum flavor.
Add in a handful of ice cubes and top with the tea and rum. Stir gently and garnish with cherries, lemon wedges and/or mint sprigs.